Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Transitions

This was quite an amazing summer.  We started out with a trip Paris while the kids enjoyed two weeks with my family in New York City.  We returned to the start of my new job with Discovering Justice, the kids having fun in gymnastics camp, and then Serena spending almost two weeks in Western Canada.  When she returned, more gymnastics camp, and then the kids spent the week at New Heights Camp in Connecticut, as Dishon became the director of that camp. Now that Labor Day has passed, and fall is quickly approaching, I am mourning the departure of the carefree days of summer - late sunsets, trips to Dairy Barn for ice cream treats, and the kids getting to stay up a little later.  I know they miss that too, and are not thrilled with the return of back to school bedtimes.

I do look forward to the fall, though.  I love watching the leaves turn, apple and pumpkin picking, Dishon's birthday, Halloween, Serena's birthday, Thanksgiving, my Dad's birthday, Cairo's birthday, and Christmas, all pretty much falling back to back.  Fall is a festive time in our family, and although I'll miss summer days, and I'm not looking forward to early sunsets (though I will appreciate getting that hour back . . .), bring on the celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment