Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Brooklyn Girl Discovers the Farmer's Market

I can't lie.  As much as I'm delighted about Serena and Cairo's wonderful experience in gymnastics camp this summer, I am not mad that tomorrow's my last day driving to Stoughton to pick them up after work.  I am usually pretty bushed by the end of the day, so it's been hard having a two hour commute home from work.  Next week, the kids will be at New Heights Camp with Dishon, and I'll get to come directly home.  I almost don't know what to do with myself!  The week after that, they'll be at the recreation camp in town and they'll be coming home with our friend's daughter and son (this same daughter who will be caring for them after school, which I'm so psyched about).  That means I'll get to go straight home.  Woo hoo!! They go back to school on August 29th, which will be here before we know it.  

The Randolph part of my morning commute has been a little challenging.  While I'm so happy that Randolph received funding to improve and beautify the town, I am not pleased with what it's doing to traffic.  And why they seem to want to work on the streets during the height of rush hour is beyond me.  Aside from that, though, my commute has been pretty beautiful.  I've been driving through the Blue Hills on my way to pick the kids up, and past Houghton's Pond . . . and on Thursdays until Columbus Day, there's a fabulous Farmer's Market at the T-station where I park every day.  I noticed it a couple of times before, and I finally stopped there today.  I bought some fresh peaches and corn, some home made salmon cakes, and I was given a free nectarine!  Next Thursday, I'm definitely going to pick up some more fruit and vegetables, maybe a homemade ceramic mug, and I'm definitely getting a lobster.  I'm feeling the Farmer's Market, yall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment